Chicken & Chives Pasta
Truth: I wanted to create a simple chicken salad tossed with the teensiest amount of seashell pasta. When over-creativity and overzealousness takes over, the result is this 😁.
This has veered so very far away clean-tasting dinner I had planned. It’s just like me “trying” to do simple make up in the morning.
Me: 🕣I’d do a simple eye-look today because..✋🏼 sis has no time.
🕙 Fast forward to an hour later.
Also Me: I’m sporting an elaborate makeup but am sweating cos arrrghh I need to rush off before I’m late again for work!
So this is the extra me, always adding this and that - transforming a chicken salad into a steaming hot, comforting chicken pasta. Here’s how!
Recipe serves 1-2
2 handfuls of seashell pasta
1 chicken breast (marinate in Habanero tabasco sauce, salt, white pepper, garlic powder, sprinkles of paprika) cut into cubes
6 cloves of garlic
2 bird eye chillies, cut
5 cubes of frozen chopped spinach
3 tbsp cream
1 1/2 tbsp butter
1 1/2 tsp French mustard
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp white pepper
2 1/2 tsp chopped chives
(Sprinkle more chilli flakes should you need more heat)
1. Boil seashell pasta until it becomes al-dente and set aside.
2. Heat up 2 tbsp vegetable oil and fry garlic cloves followed by bird eye chillies in medium heat.
3. Add cube-sized chicken breast and fry for about 2-3 minutes.
4. Next, add butter followed by cream. Stir it for a bit, then add white pepper.
5. Do a taste test. If you need more heat, sprinkle some chilli flakes. If not, add mustard to increase depth and incorporate a nice tangy flavour.
6. Pour pasta in and stir until the sauce thickens. Turn heat off.
7. Garnish with chives