Chop Chop Minced Beef Noodles
I had planned to make Butter Prawns for my parents one day but Life had other plans for me, obviously *roll eyes*..confounding things happen especially when I am in a rush...arrgghhh my local grocer ran out of prawns.
I had to change my menu on the spot. My brains were quite frazzled that day so I couldn't re-imagine a new menu but I had a sudden inspiration to use an existing recipe and tweak it just a tinyyyyy bit.
This Minced Beef Noodles was so easy to make and best of all, was repurposed from my Hakka Yam Abacus Seeds recipe.
Recipe serves 2
Prep time: 45 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
150g Sautao cream noodles
200g minced beef (marinated in onion powder, salt and white pepper)
2 tbsp dried shrimps
3/4 stick of carrot, julienned
2 wood ear, soaked and sliced thinly
3 dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked and sliced thinly
2 shallots, sliced
2 garlic cloves, bruised
1 scallion stalk, chopped
1-2 cili padi (optional, for people who love heat.. like me!)
3/4 tbsp Shaoxing wine
1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
Add a pinch of salt and white pepper (if needed) to enhance flavour
1. Soak wood ear, dried mushrooms, marinate minced beed and keep aside. After 30 minutes, check on soaked wood ear and mushrooms. If they have soften, you can slice them and continue with other aromatics prep.
2. Add oil into wok, fry dried shrimps. Once they become fragrant, add shallots. In a separate pot, start boiling the Cream Noodles.
3. When shallots become translucent, add half of the scallion portion into the wok with garlic and cili padi. Fry for a minute in medium high flame.
4. Now add dried mushrooms, wood ear, carrot and minced beef. Keep folding them and add a mixture of soy sauce, dark soy sauce, Shaoxing wine, salt and white pepper.
5. Cream Noodles should soften by now (texture should be about 85% done), now add into the wok with the rest of the ingredients.
6. Fold and lift with one chopstick in each hand. Now add the remaining portion of scallion and mix for another 30 seconds before serving.
#noodles #beefrecipe #beefnoodlesrecipe #friedmincedbeef #beefpastarecipe #hakkayamabacus #stirfry